Do you want to study economics?
In Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria there is a two universities where you can study economics.
South-West university in Bulgaria.
Faculty of Economics
The Faculty of Economics at the South-West University “Neofit Rilski”, Blagoevgrad, was founded in the autumn of the 1991 and became one of the first accredited faculties of economics in Bulgaria. And in 1998, by decision of the National Agency of Evaluation and Accreditation of the Republic of Bulgaria, the Faculty and the majors of “Finances”, “Accounting and Control” and “Management” were accredited for a five-year period.
For more information about it visit this page .
American university in Bulgaria.
The program in Economics provides both the theoretical foundation and practical empirical tools necessary to function as an economist in today’s complex economic world. These theories and tools are analyzed both within the institutional structure of developed market economies and in their specific applications to developing and non-market economies.
Although the fields of specialization of the Economics major are not formally specified, one can identify three broad topics: macroeconomics, microeconomics, and empirical (data) analysis.
The Economics curriculum is designed to enable all graduates to meet the following skill or competency-based student outcomes:
- analyze social phenomena in the context of their interrelationships with economic outcomes
- use appropriate graphical or statistical analysis to demonstrate the effects of changes in significant variables to economic outcomes
- analyze and predict the effect of changes in economic variables on related variables within the context of a coherent interrelated economic model
- analyze how the markets function, how they allocate real and financial resources, and when they may fail to function properly
- explain in written and in oral form the reasoning and application of economic analysis to social or political issues.
More information about it you can find on this page.
To apply in the AUBG you need to prepare application form, essay, letters of recommendation, TOEFL, portfolio, interview, SAT/ACT result and financial assistance application.
For details please visit this page.
Information about SAT you can find here.